No description of your setup in your problem report but you generally need
to open an actual URL in your browser, not the path that location is on
your filesystem.

Try opening http://somehostname/weewx/index.html and see if that
works....but...I can't say specifically what "somehostname" should be for
your installation given no description of your setup... but if you are
running weewx and webserver and browser on the same box,
http://127.0.0.1/weewx/index.html should work if you installed and
configured a webserver.

Or... if your weewx is on the same computer as the browser you might be
able to use the browser "File" =>"Open File" menu, in which case you want
to use the filesystem path ala /var/www/html/weewx/index.html to open a
local file.

Not much more we can help if you don't tell us what your setup actually is.