Tom - can you point us to where 'synthetic types' are documented in
layman's terms so we know how to look for them ?

The pattern so far seems to be (a) Belchertown and (b) certain drivers that
might not have complete measurement sets.   I see Acurite and Interceptor
in a couple reports if I remember correctly.

I did a post yesterday with some timings for v5 pip + 'unaltered'
Belchertown on a pi3+ vs 17+ years of old (vp2) and a little new
(simulator) data that showed that v5+Belchertown seem to work ok if you
have relatively complete data in the db.  I have to guess the systems
having problems have something that is now being calculated in v5 that
wasn't calculated before (maybe ET or something solar?) but that's just a
guess.

Can the problem reporters point us to a working website so we can see their
Belchertown web pages etc. ?