This problem is due to small bug in our version comparison. This will be
fixed in the next release. If you wish to use weectl import before the next
release you have a couple of options:

1. you can download a file containing the fix for this problem and replace
your v5.0.0 version of this file. To do this:

- download the patched file using:

  wget -P
/var/tmp
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/master/src/weectllib/import_actions.py

- locate your installed v5.0.0 version of import_actions.py, it will be in
the weectllib directory, but where that is depends on your WeeWX install
type. Where to find things <http://weewx.com/docs/5.0/usersguide/where/> in
the User's Guide will help. For a package install it should be in
/usr/share/weewx/. For a pip install it could be in any one of a number of
locations, refer to Location of executables in a pip install
<http://weewx.com/docs/5.0/usersguide/where/#location-of-executables-in-a-pip-install>

for help. For a pip/git install it will be in the src directory of the
directory in which you cloned the WeeWX repo.

- once located replace your existing import_actions.py with the downloaded
version:

  cp /var/tmp/import_actions.py /usr/share/weewx/weectllib/

     adjusting the destination directory to suit.

- try the import again

2. you can apply the fix yourself to your installed import_actions.py. To
do this:

- locate your installed import_actions.py using the second step above.

- once found, open import_actions.py for editing, locate the following line
(circa line 26):

  REQUIRED_WEEWX = "5.0.0b15"

     and change it to read:

  REQUIRED_WEEWX = "5.0.0"

- save import_actions.py

- try the import again

Alternatively, you can wait and update to the next release (likely a bug
fix in the not too distant future) and perform your import then.

Gary