I started a new conversation to address issues from several other threads.

I am using UBUNTU 24.04. Upgrading weewx from 5.0.0b10 to 5.0.1.3

After spending hours diagnosing issues similar to those mentioned in the
other threads here, this is what I did to resolve the issues -

Backup anything important before you do anything (weewx.conf. etc.)

It is especially important to make a backup copy of the  /etc/weew/skins/
folder as this  apparently get doesn't reinstalled

Using Synaptic, I completely removed weewx (INCLUDING ALL CONFIGURATION
FILES).
I reinstalled weewx.

After restarting weewx there were multiple permission issues in
/home/(user_id)/www/ and /etc/weewx/

Note that files that used to be in /usr/share/weewx/user/ are now in
/etc/weewx/bin/user/