Be careful throwing away archive_day-* data!

On my setup with the Davis driver min and max values often occur in
between archive intervals.  I found that those are lost if the daily
summaries have to be rebuilt from the archive table.  My archive
interval is 5 minutes.

I did some testing a couple of months back cleaning up some spurious
solar sensor data that crept in from a failing ISS transmitter.  In the
process I rebuilt the daily summaries on a copy of the database and saw
every daily summary min/max value was on the five minute mark.  I knew a
recent day had recorded a low, just briefly, at something like 24.4 and
in the original DB was recorded at that value at the precise time but
both values were lost in the regenerated daily summaries.  I've become
quite careful to not disturb the daily summaries after that.

I think this should be prominently noted in the WeeWX documentation.

In my DB I noticed that the dailies started recording this information
when I switched to version 4.x in the first days of 2021.  I don't
recall if there was something done to the DB in that upgrade or not.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB