Source is at
https://github.com/captain-coredump/weatherflow-udp/blob/master/bin/user/weatherflowudp.py
 if
some driver experts wanted to suggest fixes. This one is beyond me other
than to suggest that since weewx v5 does not support python2 anymore that
perhaps the try/except block needs something tweaked to deal with what I'm
guessing (like totally guessing) is garbage-in a little more gracefully
(anybody ?????)

            if timeouterr == 0:
                try:
                    m0 = str(m[0],'utf-8').replace(",null",",None")    #
Python 3
                except:
                    m0 = m[0].replace(",null",",None")                 #
Python 2
                m1=''
                try:
                    m1=eval(m0)
                except SyntaxError:
                    logerr('Packet parse error: %s' % m0)
                if self._log_raw_packets:
                    loginf('raw packet: %s' % m1)
                m2=parseUDPPacket(m1)
                m3=sendMyLoopPacket(m2, self._sensor_map)
                if len(m3) > 2:
                    yield m3