I'm sorry but it is still not clear to me what the exact issue is. I've
opened the image from your original post on a better screen and as far as I
can see the gauge shows rain rate in mm/hr, the labels across the top of
the plot show rain rat win mm/hr but the y-axis label of the plot seems to
show in/hr. Is the problem *only* the y-axis label being in in/hr? Do the
rain rate values show on the gauge and in the plot correctly as mm values
or as inch values? (ie does the gauge indicate 5mm/hr when in fact the
actual rain rate is 5mm/hr or does the gauge show 5mm/hr when in fact the
actual rain rate is 5in/hr)

Finally, what are you using to generate the gauge-data.txt? Have you
installed the skin direct from the SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges repo
<https://github.com/mcrossley/SteelSeries-Weather-Gauges/tree/master/weather_server>

or did you install the weewx-steelseries extension
<https://github.com/gjr80/weewx-steelseries> ? In either case could you
please post a copy of the [StdReport] [[SteelSeries]] stanza from weewx.conf
along with a copy of the skin config file, skin.conf, from the skins/ss
directory. (note the location of the skins directory will depend on your
WeeWX version and how you installed WeeWX - refer to *Where to find things*
in the User's Guide for your particular WeeWX version
<http://weewx.com/docs.html>).

Gary