This happened during system upgrade: apt update, apt upgrade.
When you do this, you do *not* read the Upgrade notes of each package you
are upgrading - and you don't have access to them, because it is supposed
to run correctly.
And it did not : it did not load my weewx.conf at all (that's in a previous
post, but the issue is linked).
Now, yes, the way I fixed it was wrong, and that's why I preferred to
downgrade, read the upgrade notes, and upgrade when I get more information.

So, to clarify things:
- No, it's not your fault, I'm not trying to blame anyone here, especially
that you do a wonderful work
- It *was* a horror upgrade *for me*