Hi Kjell,

I know its frustrating and there are many others like you out there.

I still cannot give you an exact date but it will be soon.

The public beta will be launched with its own installer (just like
weewx-Weather34’s installer) but it will only support WeeWX version 5.x.x which
has been installed by pip.

We believe that this is the way to go in the future as this one method covers
all operating systems. It is super easy to upgrade and maintain from our
support point of view.

If you want to get ready, I recommend that you make a fresh clean install of
WeeWX 5.x.x into a virtual environment using pip.

Will let you know when the beta is ready. I might even be able to let you have
an advanced copy. If you have a Telegram account, I have started a group for
potential early adopters.

Regards,
Ian