On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 at 15:00, Chris Alemany <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the hints Vince. I ended up looking through the old Wiki and
> came upon this page about backing up databases with the rsync report and
> how you can spit rsync into multiple skins.
>

> https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Using-the-RSYNC-skin-as-a-backup-solution

That was a good solution for a while, until - like you - I wanted more.

I eventually pulled the rsyncupload.py code from the main tree and stuffed
it into a skin.
The following was written a while ago. I still use it as is, but it's rough
and untidy.  Really does need a clean up but I haven't and still don't have
the time do that, so you get it warts and all...

https://github.com/glennmckechnie/weewx-rsynctransfer

It should install  *Gulp*, it should be self explanatory *Gulp*
There are plenty of notes and examples in it that show it can handle the
additional rsync command line options.

my email address is in the code, there's the  issues tab on github and I
always read this group.

Cheers
 Glenn

Various WeeWx addons at