Hi,
I'm a little embarrassed to ask these most basic of questions but at least
I'll get started on the right track so here goes;

I have been running Weewx on a RPI since 2104 using setup.py
It's currently v4.10.2, python 3 and on rpi4
I have made several changes to graphs, reports etc and have a few
extensions installed.
Everything is under /home/weewx
I never created a weewx user I just sudo from the pi user
root owns all the files
I have no experience of running a virtual environment
Yes I have read the upgrade guide and the v5 wiki
I have searched the google group but my moist basic of questions don't look
to be covered.
I did do a test upgrade of my backup rpi but although it runs at v5 the
upgrade couldn't have been clean as  it wouldn't upgrade from v5.0 to
v5.0.2 so I must have done something wrong in the initial upgrade.

My queries are;
i) should I create a weewx linux user and login as that use to execute the
upgrade
ii) if yes, do I need to change the file ownership on all the files to
weewx user
iii)  if I don't need a weewx user do I just sudo from the pi user?

Thanks in Advance
Mike