I got it! I added the new one and confirmed it and it is working. It seems
I had two issues that just happened to happen at the same time. One was the
GW1000 lost its connection, then the GW1100 was giving me some issues and
then the SSL certificate on the MQTT interface died and I forgot to copy
the updated certificate to the MQTT server, sigh.

Thanks for all the help everyone.