On Sat, May 25, 2024 at 6:06 PM Tom Keffer <tkef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are interested in your upgrade experience.

It fixed #940, which is nice. I did notice that the service didn't
restart, which I'd have expected from
https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/development/pkg/weewx.spec.in#L411-L413
After a manual `systemctl restart weewx`, everything seems fine. I
don't remember if that's worked in the past or not.

> Did the installers get your configuration file right?

I guess I didn't look closely when I upgraded to 5.0.0rc3, but it
looks like I've been using my 4.10.2 config file since May 15, 2023. I
suspect what's going on there is that since I have my config file in
Ansible, RPM noticed that it's not the same as in the package
(although in the past I'd typically copy the updated config file back
into Ansible after an upgrade, so it might just be that the timestamp
didn't match what RPM expected) and didn't overwrite the file. FWIW,
there is a /etc/weewx/weewx.conf-4.10.2-5.1.0b4 that is correct (and
runs fine once I copy it into /etc/weewx/weewx.conf)

> Skins?
> Is the daemon configured correctly?
> How about udev permissions?

Yes to all of the above.