On a pi5 with 64bit bookworm this worked.....

sudo apt-get install -y libpng-dev libtcd-dev xtide-data xtide-coastline
xtide-data-nonfree

wget
http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xtide/xtide_2.15.2.orig.tar.bz2
tar jxvf xtide_2.15.2.orig.tar.bz2
cd xtide-2.15.2

./configure --without-x
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig         # optional but doesn't hurt

tide -l SEATTLE
(returns the tide estimates for seattle)