Mark you're asking a lot of very basic questions that seem to indicate that
you haven't read any of the many recent additions to the documentation.

Please see the following:

   - https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/
   - https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/WeeWX-Frequently-Asked-Questions
   - https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/#wiki

The v5 docs are at https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/ and the v4 docs are
at https://www.weewx.com/docs/4.10/

The upgrade guide at https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/upgrade/ with the
differences and breaking changes etc.

Please RTFM.  That's why hundreds of hours were spent totally revamping the
v5 docs and making them searchable.  They are really much better now.

(but to answer your latest question - if you have no /home/weewx tree you
almost certainly used a dpkg/apt installation back then so
https://www.weewx.com/docs/5.0/quickstarts/debian/ would be your quickstart
documentation for upgrading.   Given you installed weewx a decade ago, I'm
guessing (guessing) that you have an ancient os and python version on your
pi.  It might be worth your while to see if you can use a new clean SD
card, get current on the os, and go to a clean new installation of v5. )