I did a new install on a newly Rasp OS 5 and did the venv first, and all went well.  Thanks for the bulletproof instructions. Copy-paste is my friend!

I am running the simulator to let me get used to looking for stuff and where it all is, which is seemingly very different from a Rasp Pi 4 running WeeWx 4.10

I was poking around trying to modify my display that is generated for the index.html and ran across a question about the design of the skins and .incs

In  home/pi/weewx-data there is weewx.conf

In the skins subdirectory there is seasons directory

in there thee skin.conf has the display options section which offers a list of observations to show, and the order in which they are listed along the left side of the panel, setting a string to 'observations_currrent'

That seems to be read in the current.inc part to concatenate that string with two additional values, the outTemp and barometer.

Why do those get added to the observations_currrent string, sort of what seems to be a forced list rather than to depend upon the string set in the config file?

And, when I look at the .html that is generated, the outTemp and barometer are not last on that section listed on the screen?

I'm missing something major and wonder if there is a section in the area on modifications that I didn't understand.

Sorry to be so dense!  Dale

Oh, I cannot find, running RaspOs, a section in 'var' that has the sys_log in it the way previous versions seemed to.  Is that in a different spot for things running in the 'venv' type of environment?

Dale