I've posted these links some days ago, if I understand it correctly, with
such devices you should be able to receive you sensor signals and forward
them using MQTT an let weewx receive them with MQTTSubscribe:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl_433-ported-to-esp32-microcontrollers-with-cc1101-or-sx127x-transceiver-chips/

https://www.lilygo.cc/products/lora3?_pos=1&_sid=0081a9887&_ss=r

Which sounds much more reasonable to me than letting an extra Pi do the
job, especially if you also take maintenance into account.