Ha!
I'm Maori, though obviously not 'obviously' so...
My humble opinion: Having both names on it would be inclusive, not
offensive. It's not saying we stand for anything other than possibly,
bi-lingualism.


I also think Wellington Fire would be a bit boring, but that's because
I think most t-shirt that focus on the words are kinda naff.

So, how about we brainstorm for an image/graphic?

Something localised, like, say - a flame with a stylised wellington
harbour for a base?
(Vaguely like this flame: http://husk.org/apps/flame/flame.jpg but the
red-negative within the white having the shape of wellington harbour)

Or umm, what else is local?
The beehive on fire? :P

Or just... a stylised flaming figure.

Or the man & woman off a toilet door in white, but with red flames
coming off their heads!
(Possibly running in opposite directions)


Whatever graphic it is, I'm thinking have it big on front, and then on
the back of the t-shirt the same smaller graphic with "Wellington
Fire" or something underneath.

For colour schemes, I'm thinking white or red on black t-shirts?
Preferably two colour, actually. white/red red/yellow or something.

On 24/06/2009, Myles White <[email protected]> wrote:
> we all have different personalities etc.... I think maori is very far
> removed from what we do... and I grew up in and around marae.
>
> I like safety third, because it is kinda how I spin.. and it is how you have
> to be if you are goi8ng to learn what we do.
>
> If anyone from outside the group needs to be consulted... then it is
> definitely not about us.
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Emma Necus
> <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> i dont mind using something else if anyone has any other ideas, it also
>> crossed my mine that alot of maori are offended by fire poi anyways, so
>> using the language might not be the best idea i dunno! we shoudl ask
>> someone, maybe ra form tauranga?
>>
>> and we could put safety third somewhere ont eh tshirt just not the name?
>> or
>> do i just have no sense of humoour?!!! sorry guys :) x
>>
>> 2009/6/24 Kitty Cat <[email protected]>
>>
>>> yeah neither do i...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> >
>>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You are subscribed to the GoogleGroup "Wellington Fire" 
We meet and spin fire in Frank Kits Park Tuesday nights weather permitting.
Please bring Koha if you wish to use the fuel provided.
This is pegasol and is highly refined kerosene $5 minimum.
If you wish to bring your own fuel, please bring your own dipping bucket so you 
do not mix down the peg with regular kero.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/wellington-fire?hl=en?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to