Hello Ovidiu,

On 9/1/06, Ovidiu Ciule < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I now ask for your help and suggestions regarding script events.
1. What events you'd like scripts to be able to react to? I've already compiled a small list on the project's Wiki page, from user scenarios I've thought off. So, if you ever had a need to automate WP, and you have a scenario in mind, please share them.

Events I've thought off: incoming/outgoing calls, an user logging on/off etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong but as soon as you can handle an event in EcmaScript, it shouldn't be hard to add others. So it might be better to concentrate on a few events for now, test that it works ok, and then move on to other events.

2. More importantly, I would like OW contributors who have actually coded WP modules or simply know WP's code, to suggest possible entry points.

For each event, I'll need to add code that actually creates and hands a ScriptEvent to the ScriptEventHandler. However, as of now, I have no idea where to add this code. So, if you happen to know which class and which function handles a specific event, feel free to answer me.
For example, for the incoming call event, I'll add this code in the function that receives incoming calls. This function should be one that handles really general incoming calls, regardless of the protocol, of the presentation layer WP's using etc.

To handle incoming calls, I'd suggest that you take a look at this file: http://dev.openwengo.org/trac/openwengo/trac.cgi/browser/wengophone-ng/trunk/wengophone/src/model/SipCallbacks.cpp . There is notably a "phoneCallStateChangedEvent" event to which you can subscribe using boost::bind.

I suggest answering me in private, to avoid flooding the mailing list with details uninteresting to other developers.

I'd rather keep this discussion public, so that everyone can share the information, and comment. Please, feel free to ask any question. You can also join #openwengo and #openwengo-cc on FreeNode to get some quick help.

Best regards,
--
Julien Gilli