On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 11:38:23AM +0200, Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> Marco Nenciarini wrote:
>
> >Debian etch is about to freeze, so if you want some wengophone version
> >shipped with it we need to solve the license issue that prevent
> >wengophone to migrate to testing[1].
> >
> >I've filled two bugreport about this issue(#995[2] and #994[3])
> >

> I've just added copyright messages to httptunnel.* files

Well done.

> >The other issue is that we link togheter OpenSSL and Qt (as i've
> >reported many times)
> >
> >Now i need to known if i can remove the iLBC codec from the debian
> >package to solve #995[2] because it is the most important issue.
> >

> I've added enable-ilbc build option to Soptions file (set by default to 1)
> on debian you can build with enable-ilbc=0

Cool, but debian package use CMake, i'll try to port it to Cmake (with
the gladiac's help)

> >Regarding #994[3] i cannot known what is the correct copyright notice
> >so i need you to close this task ASAP.
> >

> As far as i understand the problem with ffmpeg is MPEG[423] stuff...
> There is no problem with H263
> stuff we're using. So mabe the solution will be simply to build ffmpeg
> without problematic stuff.

No problem with ffmpeg, my package use the standard ffmpeg suite from
debian, then i strip its source from package during checkout togheter
with all windows related stuff and openssl.

> >The etch freeze will probably came after this weekend + 15, but 12
> >days is the time that a package need to enter testing, so we have very
> >little time.
> >

> The SSL/TLS issue is will require some significiant time i'm affraid
> unless we can find some kind
> of SSL-api /over TLS library under GPL

I'm not an expert of openssl and gnutls internals, but i heard that
gnutls have an openssl compatibility layer...

Ciao

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |