Hello,
You are right. NSUTF8StringEncoding is much better. I tried running the application from a path that contained non-ascii folder names, and only worked perfectly when NSUTF8StringEncoding was used.

Thanks
Ramy

AurŽlien GATEAU wrote:

Ramy M. Hassan wrote:

Hello,

The wengophone-2.0 branch is not able to play wav files under MacOS X 10.4.

ktrace output shows that the file name of the wav file gets corrupted, and the result is a "file not found error". This happens when converting from C string to NSString in MacSound.cpp. Forcing the encoding to NSASCIIStringEncoding solves the problem.

Hello Ramy,

Thank you for the patch. I have a simple question though: since MacOS filesystem uses UTF-8, wouldn't it be better to use NSUTF8StringEncoding instead of NSASCIIStringEncoding?

Aurélien