Dear Wengophone developers,

        First of all congratulations on the new Wengophone 2.1 (RC1) - I see
huge
improvents in this version.
        I am a wengophone user since 2.0 came out, for me it's the best SIP /
IM
client program, with unmatched features and universality - Open Source,
multiplatform, multiprotocol IM, standard SIP, and so on.
        However, in my opinion, there are a few shortcomes that impair its
functionality, and thus - popularity, I'll try to list them shortly here:
        1. Total dependency on the wengo account - if for some reason I cannot
connect to the wengo server (server is down, lost password or anything like
that), I can't use any of my IM accounts. In this case the only solution is
to use another IM client program. Or if I log off from Wengo then all IM
accounts are also logged off. I think the program should be more
account-agnostic. Not completely - maybe initial registration at Wengo, but
without the above-mentioned limitations.
        2. The displaying of ICQ users in the chat window - when chatting with
an ICQ
user you see onli his/her ICQ number in the tab, which tells you nothing about
who he/she is. You have to go to the main contact list an find his.her name
by the number. In my opinion the problem is that the program does not put the
name of the ICQ contact as his name - although you see his name in brackets,
when you edit the contact. A sub-note to this issue - in the contact list
some ICQ contacts appear without a name in brackets - just the number.
        3. I greatly miss the autosave history feature available in all IM
clients -
the ability to save the chat history automatically. Now I have to do it
manually for each chat I have.

        Further I am sending description of some bugs I noticed in v 2.1 RC1
(binary). I deleted the .wengophone directory to avoid possible
incompatibility of config.files, and created all accounts again:
        1. After the first restart of Wengophone I was unable to see the online
status of my Wengo contacts - they all had a rectangle business-card-like
icon (like voicemail), although some of them were online - some were offline.
If I delete the contact and add it again it appears with the correct status,
but if I restart the program, it then appears with a "?" status icon, not the
correct staus icon.
        2. After the first restart of Wengophone my Yahoo contacts were
duplicated,
then on the third start were tripled. After I deleted the duplications, the
problem did not appear again.
        3. Sometimes my MSN contacts (some) appear with a "?" status icon.
        4. The green staus circle does not refresh properly - 3/4 of it is
green, 1/4
is grey.

My PC info: P4 HT, 2GB RAM, Video card Matrox G550, OS Gentoo Linux,  GCC
4.1.2, Xorg 7.2.

Best regards,

Atanas