Hello,

As you all know, GNU/Linux support is one of the key objectives of the WengoPhone 2.1 release.

It seems to me that we are flirting with this objective without really doing something that we can be proud of. It seems that too many of you still have non-acceptable difficulties on this platform.

So I decided to open a new development window on the 2.1 that will hopefully put an end to long standing issues under GNU/Linux. Most of Wengo developers will spend time only on that target in the next days.

I won't hide that there is a risk of opening pandora's box while we are at an RC2 stage on WengoPhone 2.1, but I really think that we should not call a WengoPhone 2.1 final if it does not

One of the first thing that is going to be done is to upgrade to the last stable version of libgaim because it seems that this library has improved a lot lately and that many of our issues on GNU/Linux will disappear with the upgrade.

I hope that you will understand my position and I wish that some of you can help in this GNU/Linux sprint !

Thank you
Jerome