>I should mention that the reason I had not done anything yet is that
>I do not yet have SVN set up.
>Since Ivanovic has proven himself implicitly knowledgeable about
>using SVN on a mac =), I'm wondering if he has any advice for me to
>ease the way - notably, does 10.4 have a SVN cli app built-in (as it
>does for CVS), or is this something I need to install via fink?
>
>Other than that, I'm sure I can figure out most of what I need to
>know from reading the official docs - I read them before, though I've
>semi-forgotten most of what I read, since I haven't used it (don't
>know it now, but it will come back really fast).

The bad news is, that there is no SVN directly shipped with mac os.
The good news is that we already got a tutorial in the Wiki :)
The easiest way for a mac user to have a running SVN app is simply to
follow this advice:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WescampInstructions#Installing_Subversion
That is all I did. I hope it works for you. The rest is decribed in
isaac's mail to the ml. You only need to fetch the files with the line
isaac did already post. Commiting works just like with cvs. Where you
would have used cvs fooooooo you now use svn foooooo.
I hopes this helps.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic