Isaac Clerencia schrieb:
 * what do you think about the whole idea of a stable release soon?
   do you have any important change that you would like to get in before a
   stable Wesnoth version comes out?
A stable release? Fine with me, makes a lot of sense.
 * current MP status: are there OoS? are factions balanced?
I don't know but there were at least not too many changes in the last days so it could be fine atm.
 * any other thing that *must be fixed* before a stable release?
There are many things that are not this nice atm. The biggest problem is the speed. It feels a lot slower than in 1.0.x. AFAIK there are some other blockers, too. Though I am not able to recall them. Maybe they are posted in the tracker?
* how would you like to do it? last time we had trunk in freeze for a long time and developers were unable to do any new work on wesnoth at all. I would like to branch 1.2 out of trunk as soon as it's in a decent shape.
At least we need a *very* long strings freeze so that translators can catch up. We do need at least 6 weeks or we won't have more than one or two complete translations. Torangan already suggested splitting the frezze. Having a very long freeze to do the work, then have one or two days to *only* fix spelling/grammar mistakes and then one or two more weeks to unfuzzy the translations again. ATM I do not have much time to help in a very active way to get this stable version done but I would welcome seeing it.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic