On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 11:07 +0100, Nils Kneuper wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> We have been in the state of having the first rc for some time now. Now
> I wanted to ask you about your opinion on some kind of time schedule.
> There were quite many (code) changes in the last time. So we definitely
> should have a new rc very soon. As long as we are in the state of rcs we
> should also switch to having a lot more releases. We should release at
> least ever two to three weeks.
> Here are some questions that I would like you to answer:
> 1) What exactly is missing on your side until the game is ready for 1.2
> (graphics, small bugs, ...)?

At this stage, "minor" bugs shouldn't hold up release IMHO.

> 2) Which critical bugs are left that you know you will find time to fix?
> When will you probably find the time?

The case where someone leaves; having anyone, including AI take over
gives OOS sooner or later.  This means there's no real point having the
feature.  I don't know anything about this code, or how it works.

> 3) Any ideas if the performance improvements have a *real* chance to be
> completed soon so that we should wait for them to release 1.2?

I doubt it.  The ones I've seen are all non-trivial, and would take one
release to check them alone.

> 4) Could you make sure that all your stuff is in the changelog and that
> about.cfg is complete on your side?
>
> Or could we maybe release 1.2 stable next week? It would be really nice
> to have a list with estimates on how long you will need to complete your
> tasks. If we know that it will take defintaly more than X weeks we might
> decide to (slightly) lift the string freeze. But I really would prefer
> to get 1.2 out ASAP and lift it afterwards.

Agreed.  Only the OOS on replacement is a stopper AFAIK.

Cheers!
Rusty.