On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:51:00PM +0200, Nils Kneuper wrote:
> Okay, to get together an updated version of the announcement text:

I made some typo fixes in the announcement

-----------

Topic: Wanted: "general purpose campaign maintainer"

We're looking for volunteers to maintain some of the mainline campaigns. We're
looking for one or more persons who maintain all content in mainline and keep
it in a good shape. This group can also modify  unmaintained campaigns in
mainline as they see fit.

This job includes :
 - fixing bugs in all mainline campaigns
 - update mainline campaigns regarding new WML / units / terrains etc
 - test for balancing
 - upload modified campaigns by their author (if they do not have or want svn
themselves)
 - inherit mainline campaigns whose maintainer no longer wants to do that job

The following campaigns are without a maintainer and will be done by the
campaign devs:
 - The South Guard (only partly maintained by Eleazar)
 - Heir to the Throne (maybe maintained by Mist)
 - The Rise of Wesnoth

The following campaigns have their own maintainer:
 - A Tale Of Two Brothers - Ivanovic
 - Eastern Invasion - Turin (but feel free to take-over the maintenance)
 - Under the Burning Suns - Mist

The following new campaigns will be added in 1.3.3 and are maintained:
 - Northern Rebirth - Taurus
 - Son of the Black Eye - Taurus
 - Sceptre of Fire - Turin
 - Descent into Darkness - Baufo

The job of a "general purpose campaign maintainer" will mainly concentrate on
fixing bugs and improving content without having a "definate" campaign that is
only theirs. ATM zookeeper is doing such a job and he can need some helping
hands. What you should know already (or be willing to learn):
 - being able to handle rather strange WML, some of them leftovers of hacks
from pre 1.0.x (eg some parts in TSG)
 - working with svn for commits
 - willing to play a campaign more than once (eg it is not enough that a
campaign was balanced in 1.3.1, things might have changed a lot in 1.3.8 so it
has to be tested and rebalanced every now and then)

If you want to take over such a job, reply in this very forum thread and/or
contact us in the ircchan #wesnoth-dev on irc.freenode.net.

> Combined with this forum post I will post a news on the website. Did I
> miss anything in the post? Please check for spelling and grammar
> mistakes, too since I just want to copy/paste it into a forum post.
> Should I add any links in the post itself? Can i post it this way in
> ~24hours? I wanted to post this at about 5pm GMT+2 (CEST).

Further it looks oke to me.

Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew