Something is badly, *badly* screwed in the MP lobby. With all files
current at 19276, Multiplayer -> Join Official Server -> Create Game
-> OK gets me the single-player game load menu!

This may be somehow related to the fact that my EOS linger changes,
which I tested successfully on both SP and MP before committing 19266,
stopped working, and started core-dumping MP, some time in the
three subsequent hours.  This was before 19276.

I have backed out my EOS-linger changes, as I refuse to leave the game
in a broken state.

I'm now stopped dead. Since I've become unable to create MP games, I
can no longer test the EOS-linger changes as I did for 19266.

It is looking unlikely that I will be able to make any progress at all
before going on vacation, unless whatever bizarre bug is giving me the
SP load menu from the MP lobby clears up.

The two pillars of `political correctness' are,
  a) willful ignorance, and
  b) a steadfast refusal to face the truth
        -- George MacDonald Fraser