On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 02:43:34PM +0100, Nils Kneuper wrote:
> I just wanted to tell you that I plan to release 1.4.1 at the beginning of
> April. I promised translators at least have a week without any changed
> strings,
> so that they can complete the fuzzy and new strings for the release. Since the
> beginning of April is just a week away, I do now declare this freeze for
> branches/1.4. I asked esr to incorporate the known spelling mistakes listed in
> the wiki, so this will probably be the last string changes before 1.4.1.

If there are only spelling mistakes, these should be fixed in all PO
files as well to avoid fuzzy translations! Translations rarely change,
once a typo in the English string ist fixed ...

> In general you should ping me directly when you do change strings in the
> stable
> branch, so that I can run a pot-update shortly afterwards and give the
> translators as much time to complete their work, as possible.

Avoiding pot-update and manually inserting small changes is preferred at
this time! Otherwise there could be many Subversion conflicts because of
changed references to the code which have to be resolved using msgmerge
which not every translator likes/knows.

Jens