Nils Kneuper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jesse Alama schrieb:
> | Compiling 1.5.3 on an intel-based Mac OS X 10.5.4, I get the following
> | errors:
> |
> |   [snip]
> |   Making install in wesnoth-sotbe
> |   [snip]
> |   rm -f fi.gmo && /sw/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o fi.gmo fi.po
> |   fi.po:4370: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4370:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4375: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4375:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4379: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4379:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4383: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4383:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4387: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4387:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4391: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4391:11: parse error
> |   fi.po:4396: keyword "msgctxt" unknown
> |   fi.po:4396:11: parse error
> |   /sw/bin/msgfmt: found 14 fatal errors
>
> It would be nice to know which version of gettext is shipped with OS X 10.5.4.
> That is:
> a) Those "errors" appear in a section that is "commented out". So it should
> not
> cause a problem anyway.
> b) msgctxt is probably a gettext feature only available in more recent
> versions.
> I don't know which version the respective translator uses. On my system I have
> no problem like this using gettext 0.17.
>
> Somehow I fear that OSX is somehow screwed regarding the gettext package...

$ msgfmt --version | head -1
msgfmt (GNU gettext-tools) 0.14.5

It's quite old.  It looks like there some problems with fink, from which
I am getting gettext.  From what I understand the fink developers would
like to upgrade their ancient gettext support, but somehow there's an
obstacle in the way.  So it looks like the error lies squarely with my
system (or rather, with fink) and not with wesnoth.

Jesse

--
Jesse Alama ([EMAIL PROTECTED])