I do think too that multiple licensing for the C++ core is a mess.
Not only it is a mess for our source code, but also for any dependancy we use.

On the dependencies side :
- You'll have to make sure that any dependancy we use is compatible with the
new license. For any dependancy that is not compatible we'll have to find a
replacement
- If we want to use a new dependancy with have to check if its license is
compatible with both license, which is quite painful...
For the GPL the FSF made some inventory of the most used compatible open source
license so it's easer to find out wether it's usable for wesnoth or not, but
for the other license it might be non trivial.

On the source code side :
- now we have quite a large amount of contributors, a lot of them (included
myself) are inactive. It would require a large effort to make sure everyone
agrees
- well for various reasons some won't agree with the licensing change so we'll
have to find and remove their contributions (which is not always trivial) and
for some parts find a replacement .... Since they are not all active, this
might happen ages later.

Also multiple license might be a solution for Apple/iTunes, but if tomorrow we
the same kind of problem with some other devices we'll have to use a third
licence ? Yuck !