Essentially the same, yes. Putting it on the app store is exactly the extra
work I'd be doing. As I said, it isn't much work, but it is some work, as well
as the $100/year fee. It also takes me about 4 hours to upload a new release
(my internet is not very good), and this would be doubled if I were uploading
it to 2 places.

Your work on the iPhone port was/is impressive. And for that, you've gotten to
provide the only means to get Wesnoth on iPhone, and a much bigger percentage
of the profit from it. In any case, I think it makes sense to charge for it,
for a combination of John's reason, and the fact that if people are willing to
pay, it could potentially be another revenue stream for Wesnoth. If it turns
out no one's paying, then maybe we could change it to free, but I think it's
worth a shot at least.

Also, if I'm getting some money from it, that will be a motivator for me to
work more on the quality of the Mac packaging, which will benefit those who
pay, and those who don't.

Ben