> Carol (the head of GSOC over at google) sent a mail to the mentor mailing list
> stating that they want to see more unknown orgs that might go under the radar
> otherwise participate. So if you know some org that you think could be a
> possible candidate, please talk to them. In the forms we can recommend smaller
> orgs that we think should get a chance, too, and the smaller orgs can list us
> as
> reference, too. If you can recommend some org to participate please tell them
> list us as reference (but also make sure to tell the rest about it).

I would like to volunteer Darktable
(http://darktable.sourceforge.net/about.shtml) which is a small
project (a couple of regular contributors) that is a quite new RAW
digital image processor software

this is the first year they intend to participate in wesnoth but the
project is maturing very fast and I personally find it way more
promissing than the other similar free projects (such as UFRaw and
RawTherapee) because it's more focused on the workflow of users.

I think this is typically the kind of project Carol was thinking of
when saying "under the radar" and a couple of persons with the knowhow
would help them a lot

I'll probably be doing the grunt work of the submission for them
(maybe be the admin, we'll see) so contact should be easy

if it's fine with everybody i'll write Wesnoth as a mentoring project for us

Boucman