Hi everyone, Lordbob here.

First, I would like to give people who attended FOSDEM 2014 my most sincere
apologies for missing the rendez-vous. I had hoped until the very last
moment that I would make it in time, and so  didn't even issue a warning. I
was really looking forward to meeting you guys, so I spent the week-end
feeling a bit down on top of having to ditch my plane fare and room
reservation :/

Back to the subject now. I've just spent half an hour catching up on the
FOSDEM discussions and would like to submit my two cents.

* First, I receive the ML in text format digests and I must admit it's
simply painful to read for me - I'm actually amazed that we've kept so much
important stuff in here in this age of forums and other more
reader-friendly medias

* Second, I'm with Shadowmaster in thinking that the Dev section of the
forum needs more activity, if only to show prospective contributors that
the project is still alive and may need their help. I'm afraid that things
taking place on IRC and the ML simply don't transpire to those people out
there who lack just that tiny bit of information to hop onboard. We're
crually lacking artists, for one, and I'm the first to blame for a complete
lack of public updates on our current artistic needs. I'll try and improve
this in 2014.

* On the subject of "management", I would say that beyond the matter of
breaking stalemate situations, the game has gotten big enough that it does
need at least some kind of steering -
broad goals to prioritize over the course a dev series, so that the devs
effectively work as a team and not a collection of individuals each doing
their little thing. It will soon be a full year (or is it already ?) since
the last stable release and I think that this isn't completely foreign to
how we as a community work. Personnaly I'd be content to focus my
contributions on whichever project a board of devs would choose to
highlight.

Cheers,
LB