Sorry to chime in, I haven't been active for years (some may remember me for
lobby optimizations or kinetic scrolling).  I perceived this community as
extremely welcoming an respectful; developer communication was mostly IRC.
I don't know the current situation, I hope it can be resolved.

This caught my attention:

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 04:10:06PM +0100, Nils Kneuper wrote:

> As far as we over here are aware we are all peers with no clearly defined
> "management infrastructure" which will always have the last word.

Are you aware of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tyranny_of_Structurelessness

I'm starting to think this "nobody is in charge" attitude, which I also know
from other communities, can lead to people holding back.  I don't know how
to resolve this, nobody wants to be bossed around in their spare time of
course, or boss others around.  Just food for thoughts.

Regards
Martin aka maxy