Hi,

While going through open pull requests these last few days, I noticed that
pretty much none of them had an assignee, even though they all did have a fair
amount of discussion; so I started assigning people to a few.

This is a rather handy feature which I think would make things easier for
everyone in the future, because we can filter pull requests by assignees
(instead of or in addition to authors) to easily locate PRs that nobody else
is currently reviewing/able to review, so as to speed up the process for our
prospective new contributors.

Thus, I'd like to encourage you to make more use of PR assignments. When you
check the full list [1] on GitHub, you will see an avatar under the Assignee
column for PRs pending review by that person, or nothing otherwise. Then you
can click on the Assignee column header above and choose "Assigned to nobody"
in the menu to list only PRs that haven't been taken yet. And if you are so
inclined, you can even link or bookmark the filtered view.

    1: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/pulls

For assigning a reviewer to a specific PR, in the pull request page you can
click on the gear icon next to the Assignee section on the right, or assign
yourself directly with the link directly below.

There are in fact a lot of other options you can play around with for managing
PRs. If we wanted, we could even create and assign labels for them (which
would be also used by the GH issue tracker if we ever decided to use it, which
unfortunately we won't because it doesn't support non-image attachments) to
help classify them according to criteria like backportability or urgency. Et
cetera.

--
Regards
  Ignacio R. Morelle <shadowm>