On Thursday 23 October 2014 15:27:26 trewe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What about the images?
>
> the screenshots of the titlescreen, the unit panel from Linaera and the
> editor one contains possible localized strings. Should we submit the
> localized images when applicable? And if yes, from where has been taken
> the screenshot of the editor?

(Sending this to the i18n list too because of relevance. I'm not sure why this
was posted in dev first.)

Previous release announcements did not have any localized images (in the
repository at least) despite them consistently featuring non-trivial amounts
of English text, so I did not really prepare for this case.

I don't know if Ivanovic wants to handle adding localized screenshots to the
repository, but I can say for sure that the process of creating them was
generally non-trivial, involving things like choosing aesthetically-pleasing
framing (both for thumbnails and gameplay screenshots), animation timings, and
even taking some liberties with units and ToD using :debug (and playing a
campaign or three that I hadn't played in ages). And using a strict quality
setting of 90 for the JPEG thumbnails.

I could always make my saves available, but I'm not sure it's really worth the
effort for translators and Ivanovic? And going back to your last punctual
question above, the editor shot was taken from an embellished version of After
the Storm Episode 1 Scenario 7 Part 1 I made for the specific purpose of
showing off some of the new scenario-mode features, so it's not readily
available either.

--
Regards
  Ignacio R. Morelle <shadowm>