I'm with Anonymissimus on this one. When a program launches in fullscreen mode
right away then blocks your desktop with a black screen because of some driver
issues - well, that's rather frustrating.

---- On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:31:28 +0200  <anonymissi...@arcor.de> wrote
----

> * *Start the game in a maximized or fullscreen window*. It strikes me as
> extremely archaic that our default resolution is a 1024x768 window. It
> would make much more sense to have the game automatically be set to a
> maximized window, or even in fullscreen to start. I don't even know why we
> still have a 4:3 default resolution and not widescreen 16:9, but as I'm
> writing this I seem to recall shadowm expounding on the subject once, so I
> assume I will be reminded soon enough.

Fullscreen is a bad idea. Sometimes the default resolution some program starts
with isn't even supported by the monitor, which means that before even being
able to change the resolution to something supported or to deactivate
fullscreen I need some research to find out how to do that by command line or
by editing some text file, if it is possible at all. Of course it is in the
case of wesnoth, but that's hard blockage for a new player.

cheers,
anonymissimus