From: Caleb Alaka <calebal...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [WestNileNet] The people on the ground
To: "A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile" <westnilenet@kym.net>
Date: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 1:17 PM

Now this is not a laughing matter. Hon. Kassiano Wadri was invited to make
a speech over the weekend. The good Hon. M.P for Terego had this to say in
relation to our penchant theme of Education. Commenting on the performance of
pupils who sat for their PLE last year, the M.P told us that only 3 pupils
passed out of all the 57 primary schools in Terego County. Now wait for the
shocker, the M.P stated that teachers in Terego sit with their pupils in
"Kibanda's"  (that is a colloquial term for "make shift" video halls) the whole
night watching movies. That it is common seeing those teachers with their
students dancing in those Godforsaken make shift discotheques while imbibing
the bitter staff. That when it comes for time for lessons, its a common
practice for the teacher to be sucking a packet of the staff while teaching..
By the way thses gins are cheaply packed with brand names like Kings Gin,
Higbury, Old trafford et.c. I and Father Ruffino
 exchanged some rare glances since both of us where in the audience.
Unfortunately the M.P did not give us a way forward. Ya the ball is in our
Court.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----