Hi Caleb,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Makerere Vura students function. You
are right it is easy to suspect that having county associations at Makerere
would weaken Makerere Arua Students Union. Initially many people would think so
but when they start participating in these students' functions they soon
realise that these county based associations are very important vehicles for
grassroot activities even of MASU itself.

You see, as human beings we have multiple identities. These identities are
fluid and and not permanent. Their fluidity enable humans a degree of
flexibility in managing their existence and guarantee their security at
different levels. In every day of our life we keep negotiating and changing our
identitiies in different social group. At home you are a parent or a husband,
in court you are a lawyer, on sunday you are a christian, in this forum you are
a Wedstniler yet this does not make less a Uganda. These identiies are socially
constructed and must be contextualised in situated practices. What is important
is genuinness and principled.

Otherwise thank you very much for sharing with us your experience and i support
you in helping the grassroot organisations to become agents of change in the
region.

Thank you.

Sam Andema