From: David Olema <davidol...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fw: RE: [WestNileNet] West Nile Chamber of Commerce
To: "A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile" <westnilenet@kym.net>
Cc: "George Afimani" <gobi...@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, April 20, 2009, 11:44 PM

Hello, brilliant ideas come out now! Am sorry to have joined rather late.
However, better late than never. I fully agree with a master plan for "Arua
City". I would like to draw our attention to what is going on in the town now.
The 'greens' that marked this down making it one of the best and having the
best golf course has been reduced to another jumble, a typical ill planned 3rd
world shanty town. I would like to draw our attention to the importance of
greens in a city/town: a) Absorption of the huge amount of Carbon dioxide
produced by the increased number of automobile and people b) Psychologically a
much needed natural therapy to reduce stress of the hassles of the day
(Healthier than the noisy evening joints. However, the joints may work for some
but not all) c) Natural beauty within reach.
My other concern is what is breaking the old houses to put up new ones. The Old
houses carry our history, I propose they are preserved and protected. These may
in future show our children the realities of how far we come from. Cities must
expand to other parts. I have been to many parts of Germany & Italy,  I saw the
pride and beauty of their history in the buildings (Antiquities is all about
preservation).
About Barifa, I think a replacement twice its size must be put in place. This
takes us to the health of our environment. The last time I was In Arua during
the Ombaci OBs re-union I was shocked by the appalling appearance of the
vegetation. I thought if we do not look that direction as well, we may be
heading for environmental disaster.
I might have sounded negative though and through, but all I am interested is a
cautious more in the direction of this brilliant idea which I support
wholeheartedly.

Thanks
Olema