From: Vasco Oguzua <ogu...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [WestNileNet] Re: Moderating Discussions
To: westnilenet@kym.net
Date: Friday, 24 April, 2009, 8:13 PM

#yiv1522228576 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1522228576 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

Hello to Everyone,

I would like to commend John Avudria's initiative to volunteer to moderate the
Koboko School Closure issue. While the initiative is very much appreciated, I
think the issue of discussing the issue(s) associated with schools should be
addressed to the Task Force which we specifically formed to look into all the
issues affecting Education in the region. I believe the issues raised as some
of the reasons for closing the school in Koboko will probably appear in the
Task Force's report. The Task Force is already in operation so let us offer
suggestions or views to them and wait for the report they will provide.

While the list of the problems suggested for discussion are enormous, I think
that we should be first think of discussing really some of the serious
issues like the Balalo Migration into West Nile, The Electricity Issue in the
region and the Matego District issue,etc based on the the evaluation of how
these issues really affect the lives of the ordinary people in the region.
Suggestions like the one made by Sam Andema on the root causes of poverty in
West Nile, and Roger Opigo on Environmental degradation and the Balalo
Migration will require some background on the history of our area.

As I mentioned in one of my articles on documentation, I think it is still
prudent that we come out with a very clear plans of how we are going to do
these discussions before we delve into these activities so that we can foloow
the process we have created to guide us. with the nature of the open forum,
without a proper organizational framework, we shall talk and write all that we
know and can, but we may not be able to achieve the objectives we are
targeting. Let us try to follow the example of how we formed the Task Force for
education. I think a similar format of perhaps would be helpful.

We seem to have a lot of very good idea but we seem not to be doing well in the
organizational and procedural aspects of what we need to do in these
discussions. So it would be better if we organize Task forces or whatever we
want to call it before and then we delve into the issues. the Joel can then
help the various Task forces to organize the discussions into a document which
we will review and decide what to do with the information.

Thanks,

Vasco Oguzua

Create a cool, new character for your Windows Live™ Messenger. Check it out

attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way..