In this not what I wrote about sometime back when we were discussing the Public
University given by the President? Another District in Nebbi? How long shall
undure this politics of division how big is Nebbi to be split into districts. I
also here Maracha is geared to be a district! Why has the President and
Ottafire resisted dividing their region into more districts while they are busy
giving districts left and right to other areas. Election campaigns have
started. If there is Universal Secondary Education, what is the point of the
scholarships. Why not improve the infrastructure in the secondary schools so
that more students can access better education. Even for the Public University,
why not provide money for upgrading Nile University, The Campus at Ringili and
Islamic university campus in Arua which are already in existence?

West Nile gets Museveni scholarships

Thursday, 24th September, 2009

By Ayiga Ondoga

PRESIDENT Yoweri Museveni has offered 40 State House scholarships under the
Universal Secondary Education programme to students of West Nile, Nebbi Woman
MP Catherine Akumu Mavenjina has said.

She was speaking during the commissioning of the information and technology
centre at Warr Girls Secondary School in Nebbi last Thursday. The scholarship
will benefit the districts of Nebbi, Zombo, Koboko, Arua, Terego/Maracha,
Yumbe, Moyo and Adjumani.

Five students from each district will get the scholarships, the legislator
further said.

Mavenjina said Museveni made the pledge while meeting the West Nile
parliamentary group in Kampala recently.

She said Museveni had also directed the establishment of a public university in
the region.

The Rural Communication Development Fund and the Uganda Communications
Commission donated 10 computers to the school.

The LC5 councillor, Mary Ogentho, said Nebbi district local government had
approved sh60m for the construction of a new dormitory block for Warr under the
Northern Uganda peace and Recovery Development Programme.

“We want the school to develop under the new Zombo district because it is in a
poor state,” Ogentho noted.