Dear colleagues,

a) Last year we had nominated a task Force to look into the education issues
in West Nile region. When the the President announced an offer of  Public
University for West Nile region, the education task force was asked to
follow up on it. To date there has been no update.  I think the task force
should hold itself accountable to this group that is forming up.

b) It appears another task force for a university was formed in 2007.  No
one knows about their successes or faillures.  Could these two task forces
team up and work on the university issue?

c) All of us should learn lessons from other regions. If other people in
the Uganda can work together to pursue their development agenda, who do we
expect to come and plan or execute what we want? We can only blame ourselves
for not taking no actions,  not providing leadership,  failing to work as a
team, and doing nothing about our own predicament.  We all have a stake in
our underdevelopment.

d) Thanks to every one who has volunteered to help to address various issue
last year.  While it is true that we are all busy professional in our
careers, sacrificing a little of your time either in  a month or so is worth
the effort. Volunteers sacrifice so much time and resources in building
nations and solve problem around the world. We should continue to encourage
and inspire ourselves to do better. Rome was not built in a day.

e) West Nile Foundation(WNF) needs leadership and direction from all well
wishers. It is at initial stages of development. This is a time your
leadership skills are needed most. Please encourage others who have not come
on board.  The foundation does not have a capacity to tackle many issues yet
but the current executive needs a lot of support from every one.

f) As mentioned by Vasco, we have too many issues at stake.  We may not  be
able to address these various issues simultaneously, however, Special
committees can be appointed to look at some strategic problems just like the
education task force.

g) As we continue to envolve as highly skilled professional group, some key
issues identified should not not be put on hold indefinitely.  We should
hold ourselves accountable to each other.  If you accept a responsibility,
please execute your duties in a professional manner.  Communicate
effectively to others so that people are not left pondering what's happening
to an issue being addressed.

Cheers

Avudria