Hullo dear brothers and sisters from West Nile, I am glad that the voice of
this forum is growing very fast in identifying crucial issues to talk about,
especially about having a University in the region.
But allow me to thank all of you who supported me when I lost my son on 28th
Jan. and may his soul rest in peace. He died from Masaka Hospital after two
days from birth and under painful scenario, burial took place in Arua at Mvara
on saturday.
It is good to learn that a committee is being set up to spear head the
University in WestNile, however i feel we are moving slowly. I know we have
public institutions like NTC, Nurse Training school in Arua which could be
converted into University and I am just wondering if we cant plan to convert
these institutions into University - i.e. Arua Nurse training school
into  Medical School and NTC into Non Medical courses. The Issue for nor should
be looking at how these arrangement can be done and identifying Lecturers and
getting them involved right from the begining. I know many of our sons and
daughters are Lecturing in different Universities in this country and they
should be looked at as the potential implementers of the University foundation.
It is crucial from now that this forum should identify a think tank group to
draw a  road map towards the opening of the university. Remember let us use the
available political opportuinity (2011) from now and make a geniune noice about
opening this University so

Cliff Asher Aliga
Theatre Coordinator
International Hospital Kampala-Uganda
Assistant Visiting Lecturer - (IHSU)-
International Health Sciences University
Tel.+256772647341 or +256701647341 or +256712037444
Email: aligaclif...@yahoo.co. or cliffas...@img.co.ug cal...@ihsu.co.ug