Dear all
I have just read the article Monitor carried on our very own Patrick Okuni
who was the best in UCE 1985. It really brought out the Okuni I know. I
salute the WNF for naming him as chairperson of the ad hoc committee for the
establishment of a Public University in West Nile. The italians would say
"Okuni has one tongue in the mouth" meaning he does what he says. I was
happy to read the response of Okuni why he left government work, his answer
was “In order to work successfully in government you have to find ways of
making other money either within the government, which could be called
corruption, or outside by doing other private work. I am not generally good
at doing such; corruption is something I would not even think about and,
again, doing other private work when you have a job you should be fully
dedicated to is also not morally right,” Brothers ad sisters west nilers we
need this type of leadership to shine more and more in our region.  He is a
practical man and this come out when he stated that " I love discussion,
analysis and practical work".

 Mr Okuni says he helps support students programmes like the Makerere Arua
Students Union, West Nile Foundation, and the St. Joseph College, Ombaci Old
Boys’ Association, in addition to other development programmes.

We also appreciate your inputs on this forum which are brief and to the
point as very good homilies which are compared to miniskirts "short enough
to arouse interest but long enough enough to cover the subject'

May God bless patrick, West Nile and the West nilers in he struggle to save
West Nile by West Nile

Ruffino