Arua Local Government is to return close to Shillings 2,000,000,000/= (two
billion) to the Central Government after the authorities failed to utilise the
funds. The money was meant for service delivery during the 2009/10 Financial
year. The Sectors that failed to use the money are works and water departments
(1.1bn), Education shs 322 Million and peace recovery and development program
(276M). The unspent monies were meant for construction of community roads,
drilling of bore holes, construction of schools and maintenance of feeder roads
that is according to the secretary finance Arua District Local Government one
Sam Wadri Nyakua.

This scenario is so annoying. We are breaking our backs to ensure that our
region copes up with the rest in terms of development, our local leaders are
obdurately failing us. what are your comments ladies and gentlemen.