From: Okuti Boroa <ok...@asili.co.ug>
To: A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Sent: Mon, January 24, 2011 5:29:11 PM
Subject: [WestNileNet] The Science Cafe Becomes of Age

Dear all,

We held yet another successful Science Cafe, the best attended and the first
for
2011 also a cafe which resulted into a resolution! Imagine each cafe churning
out a resolution, how far would we have gone... Anyway there is a saying that
there is a beginning for everything.

Discussions focused on collective funds, the power of collaboration to provide
means to an end, making it easier for us to think about bigger things share
bigger actionable dreams, this is what we were discussing. Our own with vast
experience Mr. Denis Aliga & Mr. Jeffrey Onegi-Obel explained to us how we have
to shine together otherwise the days of lone stars are long gone! The President
WNF could not hide his excitement for this new revelation, Ms. Munduru too was
so happy to veer into new territory.

A lesson we all learned is to focus more on innovation of ideas and getting
down
to action when still hot, otherwise we face the risk of them being watered down
by “Analysis by paralysis” a common management problem. Many are aware of this
one “Boss I have a good idea” then the boss says “Please write a contemporary
concept note and professional proposals giving various scenarios/possibilities
of boosting the business - then call a meeting next quarter so that we can
discuss your idea ”. We learned that we have to be enterprising in times when
little is done by governments but more is expected of the private sector system.

For our members who could not make it, there were videos and pictures taken we
shall see how best to present these documentations online, we shall also
circulate the presentation made as soon as possible. An interim team was set up
to quickly put in place a club and engage a fund manager and Mr. Aliga offered
free technical support to get this project off the ground. Next time we should
be able to resolve on how to intervene on Agriculture, Land Degradation,
Decline
in Education standards etc etc - A big thanks to all participants, contributors
and all members.

Lastly lets extend a big thank you to Joseph Dramadri for hosting the Science
cafe at his famous club in Naalya.

Kind regards

Richard
--
“Website & e-Solutions, Networks, Marketing Communications"

Blog: http://asili4u.wordpress.com/
Tel +256 312 294857/1 and Mobile +256 772 725252 (Uganda)

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.