Good people of West Nile,

On or about February 03, 2011, in a discussion that was going on between,
Aggrey Adrale, Vasco Oguzua and others at large, Vasco raised some very good
points in his last posting about WNF and WNFIC that I thought deserved some
response or at least mention from the current leadership of WNF, but to the
best of my knowledge has not been responded to. In a nutshell Vasco wanted
very clear and concrete information or resolution to the following;

*(1) Who is a member of WNF? *

*(2) What is the agreed membership fee for one to be considered a member of
WNF?*

*(3) Will paying membership to WNFIC constitute membership to WNF as these
two seem to be two different entities which all require membership?*

(4) *Since the registration of WNF sometime last year, how far has the
organization gone in the direction of establishing a well
constituted Leadership structure of WNF?*

* *
I also remember the excitement and euphoria that gripped the members of the
community when it was announced that from one of the science café
discussions resulted in a resolution for the birth of the WNFIC. This I
quote from the posting at the time “*A lesson we all learned is to focus
more on innovation of ideas and getting down to action when still hot,
otherwise we face the risk of them being watered down by “Analysis by
paralysis” a common management problem*.” Around the same time there was
talk of us moving with high speed and lift off the ground as quickly as
possible and start investing by the month of March. We are at the end of
February and March is just around the corner, may we know what has come of
all these?

I know with the just concluded elections in the country a lot of effort,
attention and concetration may have been diverted somewhere else, but I
think it is essential that the members of the West Nile community be
provided with regular, relevant information in order to make informed
decisions about active participation in the affairs of the WNF. Only with
constant information will the members feel engaged, that they have control,
and can measure how the foundation is doing, and accept the complete
responsibility of being a member

Engaged members feel valued and are willing to put forth their best efforts,
thoughts, and initiatives. These members can serve as dynamic role models
for others. When a member believes that he or she creates real value that
helps drive the objectives of the foundation through the results of his or
her efforts, there will be positive ripple effect for the foundation in
terms of image and outlook.

Since engagement is rooted in relationships, it is not something that can be
mandated, forced, imposed on the people just like the WNF. Building a
community based on effective all out communication -- where there is open,
honest exchange of ideas, information and learning from others-- is central
for engaging a community like ours. It's equally important to empower
members through continuous, accurate developments, not only about the
membership choices, but also about the overall environment in which the
foundation operates.

I may have missed some mails or postings, and therefore stand corrected if
need be.