Dear members,

Some time last year, we tried to build a consensus on payment of
subscription fees of 50,000/= Uganda Shillings for West Nile
Foundation. This idea was vehemently opposed by several members. Some
even pretended that they had never seen the strategic plan, the
memorandum and articles of association of WNF. Other members suggested
that we should go slow on issues of money. As a result to-date we have
no secretariat to co-ordinate our activities. We can't implement or
move any thing. Members what do we do?. Should we all abandon this
idea of having an umbrella organization. We have resisted all good
ideas, from West Nile night, the Investment Club, and even the Science
Cafe which records miserable attendances. We are comfortable and we
actively involve our selves in smaller or sectarian organizations,
when it comes to the bigger picture we sit back and savor the idea of
our leaders failing. We have forgotten that Kigs uses money to host
the West Nile net. He and Gordon Obitre-Gama had to import a server
from USA to host the net. We have taken advantage of their magnanimity
and abused it. What if they one time get fed up. By now we should have
had our own website. I think the idea of a West Nile Foundation and
the West Nile Net or forum should be discarded. Some of us were useful
to our community without these organizations,  We can still be useful
without them. Lets agree to dissolve the Forum and the Foundation.
Lets concentrate on our Local Counties, Districts, Old boys/girls
organizations in our old schools were we are more comfortable, tribes
and probably religion. Without payment of subscription fees, we have
no right to belong to and hold an organization and its leadership
accountable. Lets wind up the WNF and if our treasurer has
contributions by some members let him arrange to refund them. We
resisted the idea of a Ministry for West Nile affairs and now other
regions have Ministries. West Nile doesn't deserve us. We lied to
ourselves that we are of the Golden generation. But at this rate we
are worse than our ' Kasamvu' (Sugar cane cutter) relatives. For they
were not as  enlightened as we are.